Pictures via my Instagram
I love a good midi skirt, but it can be a challenge for us short girls to find one that works due to our height (I’m around 5’3). Sometimes midis are too long or are unflattering on my frame, but I have a few tricks to share on how I rock this classic, yet extremely popular trend this spring/summer!
Here we go:
- Pair your midi skirt with a crop top or a light knit sweater that sits right at your waistline. You don’t need to flash a lot of skin, just enough to break up the look of a long skirt that can swallow your figure.
- Avoid midi skirts that go past your ankles (because then it’s no longer a midi skirt). Ideally, your skirts should hit mid-calf or at least an inch above your ankles.
- Go monochrome – wearing one color makes you appear taller and slimmer.
- Find a great print – a printed midi skirt that features an amazing print and a high-waist band will highlight the slimmest part of your body and really show off your shape, especially if you are an hourglass.
Get a similar coral skirt HERE
- Add a splash of color – Add a pop of color to your wardrobe with a bright midi skirt that will help create more curves around your hip area. This is a great trick to use if you are a rectangle without a lot of curves.
- If all else fails, take your midi to the cleaners and have your skirt hemmed to your desired length.
I hope these tips help all of my short girls out there, and if you have any secrets to share with us please leave them below or tweet me!
Here are some of my fav midis!