Shorts are not my friend–they just aren’t..lol. As a plus size woman, I have a little cellulite situation and a few lumps and bumps that I’m really not trying to showcase in any way, shape, or form. Although I am very self-conscious about my legs I am not going to let that stop me from rocking my shorts this summer, so I have a few tricks up my sleeve that I’m going share with you.
1) Pair your shorts with a super cute printed tunic. Prints always steal the show! When you wear an oversized printed top, all the attention will be directed mostly to the top. I have to say that this a pretty amazing top from Gwynnie Bee and I love it to pieces. Can you say fabulous?
2) Don’t wear your shorts too tight. Wearing your shorts very tightly will only highlight your cellulite and all of your flaws.
3) Wear heels! High heels make your legs look thinner and smaller. I love these Sam Edelman sandals so much. They give me a boost, are comfortable, and make my legs appear a bit leaner.
4) Choose the right length for your body type. I find that if I choose the right length, I can mask a lot of the flaws on my legs that I do not want to showcase. So play around with a couple of different lengths.
Pic via Instagram
5) Pay Attention to the fabric. There are certain fabrics that will really highlight cellulite and imperfections. I recommend staying away from thin polyesters and fabrics in general that will highlight your flaws through the material. Try thick knits and cotton instead.
I hope this post helps my curvy girls to rock your shorts with pride this summer! I spent too many years worrying about how my legs look, but not anymore. Let’s rock it this summer, and please feel free to share this post on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook!